Please note these links will open another browser page and we can not be held responsible for the content of any of these other sites – but please let us know if any cease to work. There are other links at various points around the site where they are related to the topic.
Places we have held meetings during the period we traveled around the area we represent. many thanks to these kind people who acommodated our needs so well.
Polwarth Parish Church
St Michael’s Parish Church
Eric Liddell Centre – The ELC hosts a large number of community activities from lunch clubs and exercise classes for the elderly through judo for kids to Pilates classes and slimming clubs for all-comers.
North Merchiston Club
Merchiston Tennis and Bowling Club has two websites
Tennis and Bowling
North Merchiston Club provides facilities for martial arts, football, table tennis and other youth sports. The churches also all host various clubs and groups for all sections of the community. It is well worth looking at what is available in our area.
If you have any suggestions for a venue please be in touch. We are keen to bring our meetings around the area.
Merchiston and Polwarth Neighbourhood Watch
We are strongly associated with Merchiston and Polwarth Neighbourhood Watch and have assisted others to be set up.
- Friends Of Harrison Park
- Cockburn Association – Edinburgh Civic Forum – The Edinburgh Civic Forum was set up in the late 1980s as a forum for community councils, local street associations, amenity and partnership bodies to discuss issues of common interest and keep up to date with local and national planning policy.
- Canal Society
- Friends of the Meadows and Bruntsfield Links
- Shandon Food Group
Domestic Abuse Help
- Domestic Violence: Recognizing Patterns and Seeking Help
- What is Child Abuse & Neglect? Recognizing the Signs and Symptoms
- Common Signs and Symptoms of Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation in People with Disabilities
- Animal Abuse and Human Abuse: Partners in Crime
- What to Say When You Think Someone is Being Abused
- Abused Children and Addiction: The Guide to Untangling, Reconnecting, & Building New Futures
- Reconnecting After Domestic Violence: Establishing New Patterns in Intimate Relationships
Government at all levels
Other Community Councils
- Lothian Buses – bus routes and timetables, and more. e.g. Local traffic news / diversions; Park and Ride information.
- First Buses – bus routes and timetables
- Edinburgh City Car Club – Don’t own it; No tax or Insurance worries, just drive it
- Spokes – Edinburgh and Lothian Cyclists Organisation
- Traffic Scotland – Up-to-date traffic and roads information
- Traveline Scotland – Plan your journey by public transport